Fountain Valley Senior Center News
April 19, 2017
* Rural Area Meal Program, or RAMP, is for individuals age 60 and over who live in El Paso County. This program is for older adults who are not able to get to the nearest congregate meal site. This includes individuals needing assistance due to physical, emotional, or social impairment. Please leave a message at 719-520-6471 with your name and phone number; we will return your call.
* Transportation - (By Appointment Only)
For seniors 60+ who live in the Fountain Valley area. Transportation provided to medical appointments, shopping, personal business, to the Center, special outings and other destinations in El Paso County. Call 520-6472 at least 48 hours in advance to make arrangements.
* FVSC is a Care and Share Commodities distribution site.
GOOD TIME DAY TRAVELERS-UPCOMING TRIPS:
* Nature and Rapture Center in Pueblo: Friday, April 28. Lunch prior at Coyote Grill located at the Nature Center. No entrance fee, bus donation is $11. Bus leaves St. Dominic’s at 10 a.m.
* Texas Tenors at Pikes Peak Center: Friday, May 5. Dinner prior at Old Chicago. Entrance fee is $38 for orchestra seating. Bus donation is $6. Bus leaves St. Dominic’s at 4 p.m. *Registration ends April 21.
* Ft. Logan; Monday, May 8. Bus donation is $14. Bus leaves St. Dominic’s at 9:30 a.m. Sign up no later than the Thursday prior.
* Good Time Day Travelers next meeting will be on Tuesday, May 9, at 1 p.m.
* Fountain Theatre “Young Sherlock:” Thursday, May 25. Dinner at IHOP before the show. Entrance fee is $8 and bus donation is $4. Bus leaves St. Dominic’s at 5 p.m. *Registration ends May 11.
* Pueblo Zoo: Saturday, June 3. Entrance fee is $11 and bus donation is $11. Bus leaves St. Dominic’s at 9:30 a.m. Lunch will be at the zoo. *Registration ends May 31.
* Royal Gorge Lunch Train Ride: Saturday, June 24. Entrance fee is $89 this includes 2 ½ hour train ride, three course meal and gratuity. Bus donation is $14. Bus leaves St. Dominic’s at 11 a.m. *Registration ends May 24.
ICE CREAM SOCIAL AND DANCE!!!!
Come down on Friday, April 21, from 12:30-2:30 p.m. for our Ice Cream Social and Dance. Dennis Crosser will be playing a variety of music for your listening and dancing entertainment. Banana splits and chocolate sundaes will be served for $1.
We have added another Bingo event to our calendar! Monday, May 8th at 1 p.m.. Come down and have lunch with us and stay for Bingo.
SUPPORT GROUP MEETING
We will be having a Macular Degeneration Support Group the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 1 p.m. The group will meet again on Wednesday, May 10th.
If you are interested in joining the group or have questions please call 520-6470 or stop by our office.
If interested call Diana or Kelly at 520-6470.
* The Meals on Wheels program always has a need for volunteers to serve as back-up help with this vital service.
* Our Board of Directors is seeking an attorney to be a member.
* Seeking volunteers to help in our front office on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Seeking volunteers for our Kittie Paster Thrift Shoppe.