Fountain Valley News - Your Hometown Community Newspaper

Pikes Peak Regional Building Warns of Carbon Monoxide Dangers

Hailstorm May Have Damaged Critical Appliance Vents

 

August 15, 2018



The Pikes Peak Regional Building Department is asking area residents to protect themselves and their families from the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning as they work to recover and rebuild from recent hailstorms.

Buildings throughout the Pikes Peak region have been pummeled by severe weather in recent weeks. Inspectors with Regional Building are noticing some potentially dangerous mistakes as they inspect recently repaired roofs.

Damaged mechanical vents, connected to gas-burning appliances, may fail to vent properly leaving deadly carbon monoxide trapped inside. It is critical that mechanical vents damaged in the storms be inspected and repaired by a licensed mechanical contractor immediately. Homeowners should take precautions to assure that temporary protection, such as tarps on damaged roofs do not block vents.

If anyone in your home or business is experiencing flu like symptoms since the hailstorms, it may be a symptom of carbon monoxide poisoning. Anyone with these symptoms should seek immediate medical attention. For more information on the symptoms and dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning, visit: https://www.elpasocountyhealth.org/slide/carbon-monoxide-poisoning-awareness

 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018