Fountain schools to offer vaccines to district families, staff
Last updated 5/6/2021 at 3:55pm
Fountain-Fort Carson School District 8 is holding a free COVID-19 vaccine clinic for FFC8 students, families and staff on May 7 and 28. The clinic will use the two-dose Pfizer vaccine.
The clinic is in partnership with El Paso County Public Health (EPCPH) and Nomi, and offer the Pfizer vaccine to anyone over the age of 16. Anyone under 18 will need parental consent.
Friday, May 7
1 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Friday, May 28
11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Fountain-Fort Carson High School Main Gym
900 Jimmy Camp Road
• Students will be excused from class if receiving the vaccine during school hours.
• Transportation will be available for Welte students to FFCHS. Students who need to utilize this service should contact Welte for more information.
There is no cost to receive this vaccine. There are 250 appointments available. Walk-ins will be accommodated as space and supplies allow. You will need to register each individual in your family separately for both doses.
• Everyone signing up must be at least 16 years old by the date of the vaccination. Anyone under the age of 18 will need parental consent.
• This clinic will be offering the Pfizer vaccine only. Two doses are required at least 21 days (three weeks) apart for maximum protection against COVID-19 (recipients are considered "fully vaccinated" two weeks after their second dose of the Pfizer vaccine).
PREPARING FOR THE VACCINE
This event will be held in the FFCHS Main Gym. Participants should park in the main parking lot off Jimmy Camp Road and enter the side door of the gym. There will be signs to direct you and social distancing protocols will be practiced once inside.
• Masks are required on all FFC8 campuses and inside buildings.
• Eat something and drink fluids prior to arrival for your vaccination.
• Wear a tee-shirt or top that allows for easy access to your upper arm.
If you would like to learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine, visit the Colorado Department of Health and Environment's website. The CDPHE website also has information about where you and your family can sign up to get vaccinated including several community vaccination sites. You can also call the Colorado COVID-19 hotline at 1-877-268-2926 to ask questions and for assistance to get signed up for vaccination. The hotline is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.