What to expect on I-25 through Fountain next week
Last updated 1/23/2022 at 2:06pm
Colorado Department of Transportation and Contractor SEMA Construction, Inc. have completed the I-25 southbound traffic switch, striping, installation of the lane shift advance warning signs, and paving the various emergency pullouts
Now, commuters will notice a lane shift on northbound I-25 beginning at Santa Fe Avenue (Mile Post 128) and continuing to South Academy Boulevard (MP 135). Crews have been constructing stream diversions at Dry Wash (MP 128.34) and Clover Ditch (MP 131.2), saw cutting the bridge decks, removing the bridge guardrail and bridge overhangs.
Pothole pavement patching is expected to be performed north- and southbound on I-25 between MP 127 and MP 135, on Monday, Jan. 24, from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Commuters will experience right-lane closures throughout the corridor.
In addition, crews will be setting barrier nightly on southbound I-25 (MP 131-127) on Sunday, Jan. 23, through Thursday, Jan. 27.
Motorists are encouraged to register for text alerts by Texting MAMSIP to 888-970-9665
A Courtesy Patrol will be driving the work zone and will respond to incidents when notified. Hours of operation are 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday and holidays.
Commuters will experience narrowing of lanes on I-25, and CDOT is encouraging drivers to "eliminate your distractions so you and your passengers arrive safely to your destination."
This work is part of the Military Access, Mobility & Safety Improvement Project (MAMSIP).
Work on the Charter Oak Ranch Road component of MAMSIP recently began and continues.
Erosion control efforts and waterline relocation is expected to begin the last week in January on Charter Oak Ranch Road. Traffic impacts will be minimal.
Specific traffic impacts of I-25 single-lane closures and shoulder closures between South Academy Boulevard and Santa Fe Avenue:
• Monday, Jan. 24, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., alternating lane closures north- and southbound on I-25, to allow crews to patch potholes.
• Sunday, Jan. 23, from at 9 p.m. to 6 a.m., left lane closures southbound I-25, to allow crews to continue to set temporary barriers.
• Monday, Jan. 24, to Thursday, Jan. 27, between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m., left lane closure southbound I-25, to allow crews to set temporary barrier.
• Speed limit reduction to 55 MPH during night construction hours and emergency daytime work. Speed reduction will be enforced by State Patrol.
• Eleven-foot lane width restrictions
• South Academy Boulevard near I-25
• Monday, Jan. 24 – Friday, Jan. 28, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., daytime right shoulder closures east- and westbound on South Academy Blvd.