Fountain Valley News - Your Hometown Community Newspaper

The Lacey Legacy: Family, community, honor and education

 

Last updated 4/26/2022 at 3:46pm

Members of the Lacey Family pose for a photo in 1977. Pictured back row, left to right, are: Jerry, Pat, Mike, Tom E., and Nick; front fow, left to right: Mary, Ruth, Louise and Billie.

Editor's Note: This article is Part 2 of the Lacey Family story. See Part 1 in the April 20 issue of Fountain Valley News.

In 1935 and against Ruth's father's advice, Ruth and Keith moved their family from the Rock House to the "Potter Place" (today at 912 N. El Paso St. in Fountain). The Potter Place was north of Fountain, just outside the city limits, at the time. The house was about 250 feet from the northbound railroad tracks and about a quarter-mile from the southbound railroad tracks. The Chilcott Irrigation Ditch ran immediately next to the back porch with a bridge to cross from...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021

Rendered 08/10/2022 15:06