Backpack, supply giveaways coming
Last updated 7/26/2022 at 9:46pm | View PDF
Students in the Colorado Springs region can obtain free backpacks and various other items at events the next two Saturdays, thanks to COSILoveYou and numerous community organizations.
In Widefield, the giveaway will be Aug. 6 from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. at Pikes Peak Christian Church.
Additional services/agencies at the Widefield location will include: food donations, Chick-Fil-A, Kona Ice, Tuns of Fun Hotdogs, Security Fire Department, Widefield Parks and Recreation, El Paso County Public Health & more local vendors on-site.
The public can attend two ways:
Walk-Up: Come and pick up your back-to-school supplies and engage with activities on site.
Drive-Thru: Receive back-to-school supplies while in your car.
Children must be present to receive a backpack.
Come between 10 a.m.–1 p.m. to receive a backpack.
You can only attend one Backpack Bash event.
Please do not arrive earlier than 10 a.m. to avoid traffic backups.
Saturday, July 30, from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. at all locations
• Southeast – Sierra High School – 2250 Jet Wing Dr, Colorado Springs, CO 80916
• East – Vista Ridge High School – 6888 Black Forest Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80923
• Downtown – Hillside Community Center – 925 S Institute St, Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Saturday, Aug. 6, from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. at all locations
• Widefield – Pikes Peak Christian Church – 4955 Bradley Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80911
• Monument – Woodmen Valley Chapel: Monument Campus – 1681 Wagon Bow Way, Colorado Springs, CO 80132
• Central – Doherty High School – 4515 Barnes Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80917
Visit backpackbash.com/attendance-details/ for more information.
Fountain school supplies
A Fountain-Fort Carson School District 8 event on Aug. 6 will offer similar resources to students in that district only.
The Fountain Community Celebration, from 9-11 a.m., will be at the Fountain YMCA, with food trucks, school representatives and vendors for back-to-school needs. A backpack and school supply pick-up will begin at 11.
The YMCA is at 326 W. Alabama Ave.