Wag of the Week
Last updated 8/2/2022 at 3:28pm | View PDF
This week we again feature Oakley, Thor and Paris, but there are many more boarding at Tumbleweed and in foster homes. See contacts below. Oakley is 11, very sweet and healthy. Thor is about 8, a shy husky who gets along with dogs; and Paris needs to be an only dog in a home. Last week's article was a bit heavy – so here, in the spirit of lightening things up and engaging KIDS, who, if taught well from an early age, will become our great allies in animal rescue – is some fun! Please share & enjoy! Also, don't forget: donations of food, blankets/quilts/crates/toys are ALWAYS WELCOME. Also welcome: success stories post-adoption, and they can go on our website with your chosen pics!
• What kind of dog is always up for taking a bath? A shampoo-dle.
• What do you call a dog magician? A Labra-cadabra-dor.
• How many hairs are in a dog's tail? None! The hair grows on the outside.
• What do you call a dog who is getting old? GrandPAW.
• What kind of dog can jump higher than a building? All kinds - buildings can't jump!
• What do dogs have that no other animals have? Puppies!
• What do dogs like to eat at the movie theaters? Pupcorn.
• Where do dogs park their cars? In the barking lot.
• What do dogs and phones have in common? They both have collar ID.
• When a dog sits on sandpaper, what does he say? Ooh, that's ruff!
• What do you call young dogs who play in the snow? Slush puppies.
• What did the hungry dalmatian say after his meal? "That hit the spots!"
• Why did the dog wear a sweater? Because he was a chili dog.
• What kind of place should you never take a dog? The flea market.
• What makes more noise than a dog barking? Two dogs barking!
• What is a dog that sneezes? A-choo-wawa.
AARF holds adoption fairs at Petsmart on Powers Saturdays 11-2: 2965 N New Center Pt., Colorado Springs. HOWEVER, SOMETIMES THE FAIR IS ON A SUNDAY. PLEASE CHECK the website/Facebook for any updates (such as inclement weather, also). Sometimes the fair is right here in Fountain at Tumbleweed Country Kennels. More info, & call any time: JULIE at 719-375-1200 (land line) or Cathy at 719-761-5320. Email: [email protected] or [email protected] Facebook: AARF Colorado. Also try aarfcolorado.com. Tumbleweed Country Kennels is also on Facebook. YOU CAN NOW VIEW DOGS AT TUMBLEWEED ANY DAY OF THE WEEK – PLEASE CALL AHEAD: 719-382-1126.